Monday, July 9, 2012

Ultrarunner / RN: Summer time and the blog’n’s… difficult.

AC TOP CONTENDERS

MEN:

Jorge Pachecho (of course).  Justin Angel has multiple AC finishes in 20 hours.  Raphael Arceo, saw him training near Telegraph Peak awhile back - looked and sounded focused this year.  Word on the street is that Dylan Bowman isn't racing AC after states now, but is going to toe the line with a thickening field of fast cats at Speedgoat in Utah.  Brett Rivers won't make it either.  Bummer.
I hope to be somewhere in the mix, but with my limited experience with this distance, if I were a betting man I’d place my $ on Jorge and Justin.
WOMEN: 

This race is going to be much more exciting.  Keira Henninger is my top pick.  She's run the course, she's in great running shape right now and she's uber fierce.  Angela Shartel will definitely be a contender up front as well, as long as she hasn't been disqualified for arguing so much with RD Uncle Hal during the trail work day, we'll see.  Sada Crawford, from the looks of things, has been training like nuts and is super talented.  I don't think she has raced a 100 yet, but has the potential for setting a new CR if a hundo isn't that big of a deal for her.  Paulette Zillmer, yeah, she's really good, won AC last year.  While Wendy Barth isn't thought of as being as speedy as the women mentioned above, she's a smart & steady long distance runner and I see her on the podium because I know she'll finish.

Ultrarunner / RN: Summer time and the blog’n’s… difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment