The course has a lot of thick grass, some hills and some dirt trails too. The start is at one end of the large soccer complex which allows for a large field to thin out before getting on the bike path. The course goes uphill for awhile on the bike path and then returns along a rolling dirt trial that runs along the river. Then it does a U-turn and gets back on the bike path for the return trip to the soccer complex finish where the grass was long and there was water on the fields too.
The fields were large for this meet because there was only one race for each gender. So the frosh/soph, jv and varsity ran together. While good for some hoping to crack their varsity roster, many would of been happy to do their usual 2 mile race.
In the girl's team race, North took the team title with an excellent 2,3,4 finish. Lead by Kaylee Moyer (20:31), the Stars beat Stockdale 50 to 68. However, Stockdale was missing two of their top runners in Nelson and Patel who out ran Moyer on Wednesday at the duel meet.
With this win, North is showing that it is getting better and better with each meet and they have a large squad to draw from like Stockdale. Having a top three run 20:31, 20:45 (E. Perez) and 21:05 (Y. Perez) is a sign that they are becoming a team to beat especially in big field invites.
Rounding out the top ten were:
- 5th -Lucia Garcia (East) 21:10
- 6th - Ashley Barton (Liberty) 21:14
- 7th - Carolin Haney (Stock) 21:20
- 8th - Hannah Jones (Stock) 21:20
- 9th - Acadia Ingram (Independence) 21:38
- 10th Tori Blackmon (Stock) 21:39
The boy's top ten:
- Blair Slaton (Stock) 16:36
- Curtis Kelly (Stock) 16:42
- Cameron Miller (Stock) 16:47
- Daymon Sandles (Golden Valley) 16:58
- Conner Fisher (Stock) 17:07
- Conner O'Malley (Garces) 17:20
- Jose Ramirez (East) 17:26
- Santigo Lazarit (East) 17:28
- Camilo Mosqueda (East) 17:30
- Tobias Lopez (North) 17:39