Friday, March 2, 2012

The Start of Another Season

West Coast Relays
5 years ago I returned to the local track and field scene with the EB Relays. Back then it was an old school meet and it still is. They never promote the meet despite it being the local season opener and complete results are never made public either.

Recently my power walkers and I have been training on the track and stairs and the track is in terrible shape. We could not believe how many cracks there are on the track and how hard the surface is compared to most other tracks in the valley.

In the past, I went to this meet as a coach and reporter but my camera is broke and I have Bakersfield Distance Projecters to run with in the morning. So I will not be attending this meet this year. I will be running a 20 miler in preparation for the LA marathon.

The meet added a 4 x 800 a few years ago and it is always a fun race to watch. In the past there has also been a 1600 and 3200 race which should be an early season showcase for Stockdale's Cameron Miller and Blake Haney who both qualified for the state meet last year.

Please post photos and race reports on the Kern County Track and Field FaceBook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment