Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Sharman Ultra: How to train for...Western States 100

This posting continues my irregular articles with tips on how to train for various major world ultras which I've personally run several times. I've been top 10 at Western States in 2010, 2011 and 2012, having run two different snow routes and the official course too (finally!), with a best time of 15:54 and improving my time each year by 46 minutes exactly. So I now feel that I've learned enough about the race to be able to give a few useful pointers for anyone planning on running this iconic event. This isn't a definitive guide and many people are far more experienced with the course than myself, but there are things I've learnt along the way that you may find helpful, as have runners who I've coached for the event.

Sharman Ultra: How to train for...Western States 100

No comments:

Post a Comment