Monday, November 25, 2013

Fear | Sally McRae

Fear | Sally McRae


“I don’t understand why you would want to do that.”
I don’t understand why people don’t do what they love. I don’t need to understand why people love sewing, crafting, golfing, or cooking; if it’s what they love; then I completely understand. And more often than not, when people do what they love day in and day out ,they will naturally inspire someone. Love and passion have the ability to permeate anything we create; it’s beautiful; and it’s also one of the best ways to get to know someone- watch someone do what they love and a part of their soul is revealed.
“How do you find the time?”
We all get 24 hours every day. I take those 24 hours seriously. I choose in advance how to spend those hours. Discipline and planning cannot be overlooked and although I have not perfected a daily routine, I will find the time to do what I love because what I love is important. I have also given up a few common time-consuming activities which allow me to get more accomplished. I watch very little to no TV; I get up between 4:45am-5:30am; and as silly as this may sound I am cautious about joining groups, playdates, or spending time with people who sit around and gossip. It is a huge time waster and often leads to discouragement. I have learned that when you surround yourself with people who have passion; a love for people; and a focus in life, then that is time well spent. As a mother of two young children, I am required to be even more disciplined with my time; but as we all know, life happens and kids are unpredictable. So while I am hard-pressed to plan, I also choose to be flexible. If I plan a run after dropping my kids at school and then get caught up in a business call or family emergency, then I don’t let myself worry. I immediately look at my schedule and see where the run can be done later; many times it’s not until the kids go to bed; which means I’ll be running at night…another good reason why I had to conquer my fear. To do what I love, I must not let fear have its way. I run at night on the streets and with peace…and within the same 24 hours that was given to every one else.

No comments:

Post a Comment