Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Surviving Your First Hundred – Part 2: Execution

 Happy June! The true meat of the racing season is here – it’s hundred-mile time. Earlier this spring, with the sterling silver still barely cooled in my Western States buckle, I highlighted several lessons that helped me survive my first hundred-mile race. Taken from “Deep Survival” – a resource on survival situations, I discussed the elements of preparation necessary for successful survival of a hundred mile event.
In this column, we’ll go over how to survive the event, itself. In the book’s conclusion, author Laurence Gonzales outlines the salient points of “how to act when in mortal danger.” And since everyone struggles in a hundred, these points apply to us all:

Surviving Your First Hundred – Part 2: Execution

No comments:

Post a Comment